The Seeing My Time Course, is the core of The Sklar Process™—Much more Than Time Management
Instructor Cheryl Anthony has received training in the executive functioning based program, The Sklar ProcessTM Seeing My Time.
Middle school and high school is a big change for students. They are expected to increase their independence, juggle homework from multiple teachers, and develop and refine new study skills–often while maintaining an active after-school life. Neuroscience tells us that the adolescent brain isn’t ready to handle these increased time management demands. The mismatch between the adolescent brain and society’s expectations puts these young students at risk for academic failure. Children with learning differences are at an increased risk for not getting things done. Parents suffer while their child suffers.
The Sklar Process™ is unique in that it does not begin with strategies or focus on past failures. It begins with the brain and how our brains’ strengths and weaknesses effect our behavior. By understanding their brains, participants realize that they are not “lazy” or “bad people.” With the guilt removed, they have hope, and are ready to embrace the behavior-changing success strategies in the rest of the course.
Seeing My Time is a course for both the child and parent. This hands-on program teaches about time and how to support the brain to get things done. The course is carefully constructed to maximize learning and promote effective, long-term behavior changes with time management.
Parents of students under 18 come to the sessions with their child. Parents learn a lot, too!
It is equally effective for adults in the workplace.
- Learn how the development of the brain affects our ability to manage our time and get things done
- Thwart procrastination by creating the big picture of a large project
- Discover how to use specific tools to development time management skills
- Learn how to break down complex projects into small doable parts and plan the time to do the parts
- Use drawing to plan your week’s activities
- Create a customized student binder for paper management
- Develop a common vocabulary and experience to lessen conflicts over time management between family members
This class is for families with children 5th grade and above or adults. Teachers who would like to help their students with time management will also find this class valuable.
Does your child struggle to be successful with classroom tests?
- Does your child study daily before a test, seem to know the material when studying, but then can’t remember the material when tested?
- Does your child have difficulty remembering a list of items they are to complete at home?
- Does your child struggle to remember a sequence of steps to complete school work?
The memory skills sessions offered at Successful Learning Educational Services help to gives individuals strategies for studying so that the studied information can be accessed when needed. These strategies will help your child recall the tasks to be completed.